This is such an easy and delicious recipe that I have made this a starter to a dinner party and also as a main meal for a real comfort treat. The thick and creamy soup has such a warming effect and it is a real classic!
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 celery stick
- 1 leek
- 2 small potatoes
- 1 slice of butter
- 1 litre of hot vegetable stock
- 1 head broccoli
- 140g stilton
- Salt/ pepper
- Olive oil
- 1Heat a dash of oilve oil in a large saucepan and once hot add the onions and garlic with a pinch of salt. Gently cook for a couple of minutes.
- 2Add the celery, leek and potatoes with the butter. Mix everything together until the butter has melted. Add the lid and leave everything to sweat for 5 minutes.
- 3Take the lid off the pan and pour in the vegetable stock. Add the chopped broccoli head and a few bits of the chunky bit. Bring the pan to a gentle boil and leave to boil for around 15-20 minutes or until all the vegetables and soft.
- 4Take the pan off the heat and using a hand blender blend all the mixture together until smooth. You should end up with a thick and creamy texture.
- 5Stir in the crumbled stilton into the soup and then give it another quick blend for just around 30 seconds.
- 6Season with some black pepper and serve.