Lebkuchen is the perfect sweet treat for this time of year. The cinnamon and ginger spices smell of Christmas and they are great to make as a gift or to take along to a Christmas party.
- 250g planin white flour
- 1 tbspn baking powder
- 150g honey
- 1 tspn cinnamon powder
- 1 tspn ginger powder
- 100g butter
- 80g ground almonds
- 1 orange – juice of each half
- 100g icing sugar
- 1Heat the honey, juice of half a orange and butter in a large pan on a medium heat.
- 2Once melted added the flour, cinnamon, ginger, almonds and baking powder to the melted honey mixture. Combine to form a dough.
- 3Leave to cool and in the meantime pre-heat the oven gas mark 4/ 180 C.
- 4Once the dough is cool then tear of small pieces and roll into little balls (around 3cm thick) and then flatten out and place onto the baking tray.
- 5Put in the oven for 15 mins.
- 6Once they have cooled add the icing sugar to a bowl and a small amount of water (about 1 tbpsn) plus the juice of half a orange. Whisk well and then drizzle lightly over the biscuits.
- 7You can give them a bit of a festive sparkle by sprinkling some edible glitter on top.