I love Salmon. It is one my favourite things to make, especially during the week as it is quick and easy to prepare. Salmon is such a versatile fish and can handle big flavours which is why this dish works so well. I love the pilau rice with this recipe and just add any veg that I happen to have in my fridge. It’s a great one for leftovers!
- 2 salmon fillets
- 3 tbpsn plain yoghurt
- 1 tbspn garam masala
- 1 tbpsn cumin
- 1 tbpsn paprika
- 1 tspn turmeric
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tspn dried chilli flakes
- 1 red pepper (finely chopped)
- 100g basmati rice
- 100g frozen peas
- 2 spring onions
- 2 tspn turmeric
- 2 red chillies
- Juice of half a lemon
- Handful of fresh coriander
- 1Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 5/ 190 C.
- 2For the salmon tikka: add all the ingredients for the marinade (apart from the salmon) to a deep dish and mix well. Coat the salmon in the marinade and then leave in the bowl (skin side up) for a further 20 minutes at least.
- 3Add the salmon to an oven dish with some lemon slices and place in the oven for around 20-25 minutes.
- 4In the meantime cook the rice according the packet instructions. Take the rice off the heat and leave in the pan with the lid on. Place to one side for 10-15 minutes.
- 5Once the rice has been left to stand add to a large mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingrdients and mix well.
- 6Plate up the pilau and top with the salmon. Garnish with some more coriander.