I love shortbread but I don’t make it very often. It is hardly low in calories! But Christmas is just around the corner so what better excuse to start enjoying the odd baked treat! I love the buttery crumble-ness of the shortbread. It almost melts in your mouth.
- 250g plain white flour
- 150g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 tbspn vanilla extract
- 1Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 3/ 170 C.
- 2Add the butter, vanilla extract and sugar to a bowl. Using an electric hand whisk, cream the mixture together.
- 3Pour in the flour and using your hands mix everything together. Keep mixing until it forms a doughy ball.
- 4Lightly dust the surface with flour and then gently knead the dough until it is well combined.
- 5Roll out the dough to about 1cm thick and using a biscuit cutter, cut out the dough. Keep repeating until the dough is all used up.
- 6Place on a baking try and bake for around 25 minutes.
- 7Once out of the oven sprinkle with some more sugar and then leave to cool before eating.